Sunday, October 7, 2012

New Recipe #2: Cornbread

I got up this morning and thought, "why don't I try something new today?"
 
After a raid of my pantry I discovered I had a bag of yellow corn meal.  Obviously at some time in the recent past I thought I'd try making cornbread from scratch instead of from a box.
 
I'm sure glad I did!  You should try it too, it's easy and delicious.
 
 

Here's how I made it: 

Cornbread:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups yellow corn meal
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt

Beat the eggs then add all the other ingredients, mixing until smooth.

Pour the batter into a greased square baking pan. 

Bake in a 450° oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.

I covered a slice with butter and honey and had it with my morning cup of coffee. Yum!

xoxo, K.

2 comments:

  1. You might try it in a cast iron skillet. Makes a nice crusty edge.

    ReplyDelete