Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sour Mix

What to do with a bag of lemons in the refrigerator that are looking kind of sad?  Sure you could make lemonade, but if you're mixing water, sugar, and lemons - why not make sour mix?

Sunday afternoon, e-reader, chair, and drink.
This afternoon I started with a cup of boiling water, a cup of sugar, and a little more than a cup of fresh lemon juice.  Mixed it all up in a glass bowl with a wooden spoon and voila it's sour mix.

Change the sour mix up to suit your tastes.  You can use limes instead of lemons or a mix of lemons and limes.  Adjust the tartness by using more or less lemons.  It's easy and it tastes better than that sour mix from the bottle.  Sure it took a little time, but I had all those lemons and I wasn't going to let them go to waste!

I made good use of my sour mix to make an adult lemon aide.  Guess I made lemon aide after all...  :)
  • 2 oz vodka
  • 2 oz triple sec
  • 4 oz sour mix
  • crushed ice
Shake the vodka, triple sec, and sour mix in a shaker with ice and pour into a glass.  Yum!

Be sure to refrigerate any leftover sour mix. 
 
xoxo, K.

2 comments:

  1. i love whiskey sours and amaretto sours so this is right up my alley. sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete