Monday, September 10, 2012

Comfort Food

Bran and I have spent the entire weekend eating comfort food.  If you want to know why you can find out here.  Be warned, it's a sad story. 

Friday night we had slow cooked chicken, Saturday night we grilled burgers, and Sunday night we got Chinese takeout.

A counter full of comfort (please ignore the weird wallpaper)
A couple of things about comfort food is that it's yummy and usually pretty easy to prepare.  (Especially if it's takeout).  What's my favorite comfort food?  Slow cooked chicken thighs.

Slow cooked chicken thighs:
  • 4 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom)
  • seasoning to taste*
  • slow cooker
* I use different seasonings depending on how I want the dish to taste.  My two favorites are what I believe are pantry essentials: Herbes de Provence and McCormick's Perfect Pinch Savory All-Purpose seasoning.  I also add some sea salt and a couple grinds of mixed peppercorns.

Put it all in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.  When it's done the chicken thighs will fall apart - just shred them by stirring up the contents of the slow cooker.  Serve in bowls over cooked long grain rice - I promise it's delicious.  A salad on the side and it's supper.

I probably should eat salads for the rest of the month to even out the comfort food weekened.

xoxo, K.

2 comments:

  1. My comfort food is similar -- baked chicken with cream of mushroom soup on it. Throw it in the oven for an hour and serve with rice...Darned tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K3 - I've made that as well, it is good! :)

    ReplyDelete