Friday, August 24, 2012

Omaha Steaks

Bran grilled a couple of Top Sirloin steaks for supper tonight.  I augmented the slabs of protein with pasta tossed with garlic, tomatoes, and fresh basil from my herb garden and a green salad.  Bran got extra special treatment with grilled onions and blue cheese for his steak.  Lucky Bran.  :)

The steaks were from Omaha Steaks.  Bran and I ordered from them for the first time about two months ago when Brad shared an e-mail offer he'd gotten.  Brad and I discussed trying the steaks and then decided we would BOTH order the sample pack offered.  Well, I ordered the steaks and they seemed to take forever to get here.  When they finally arrived they came packed in their own personal cooler with a chunk of dry ice.  (Groovy!)

Shortly after my steaks got here I asked Brad if his had ever been delivered.  He then admitted to me that he had never ordered the steaks.  He'd decided that he wasn't all that interested in ordering after all.  Instead he'd decided to order a wheel of Maytag blue cheese.

With a choice between steaks and cheese which would you choose?

Until next time, Karen

3 comments: